Friday 16 September 2011

How do you change your address for your Credit Report?

I am 21. I first started building my credit at age 19. I have moved 3 times since then. I noticed that I was being declined for credit cards and have figured out why. It's because my address does not match my current address. My address on my credit score is from back at my parents house and has never updated once for me on my credit score. I am now living 16 hours away from my parents and really need this address updated. How do I update my address? And also, I married about 6 months ago and my new last name hasn't changed on my credit report either. And I legally changed my name and had to update my social security number to. How do I change my name in my credit report also? Thank you very much for your help!
How do you change your address for your Credit Report?
To change everything over you will have to get ahold of a credit company, either VIA phone or Snail Mail (postal mail). You'll have to include you SIN #, name, change of address, etc....I'm not sure what city or country your in, but as an example a credit company would be %26quot;Equifax%26quot;, or some name like that...Just use your search engine and type in credit companys.!!!! Good Luck!
How do you change your address for your Credit Report?
I would call each bureau to be sure but I believe you need to fax over a copy of your drivers license with your new address.
I'm not sure if thats why you're being declined, but you can submit documentation to the three bureaus showing your current name and address. You comment about %26quot;updating your social security number%26quot; is troubling.
Another way is to update your credit information with your creditors if you have them. Most financial institutions report to the bureaus once a month.



Generally it is your creditors that update your address not you.
You're not being declined because your address doesn't match what your credit report says. It's not even considered in the lending process. I've spent 15 years lending money. The truth is that the addresses on credit bureaus are almost always wrong. The only thing that matters on your credit bureau is your credit score. You need to find out what that is. If it is below 650 then that's your problem. Ideally, it should be above 700.

No comments:

Post a Comment