Saturday 24 September 2011

IMPORTANT!!! American Citizens on Social Security living in Canada???

I started receiving Social Security benefits in 2000. All these years, any reported changes were usually acknowledged by a letter, and I would normally call the toll free number in Baltimore to report those changes, and any other questions I would have.



I recently moved to Canada, and unfortunately the toll free number is inaccessible from Canada, and any numbers they assign you, normally are numbers you are supposed to leave a message and then get a call back.



I did recieve one of such call backs, and while I was able to tell by the caller ID that the area code was in Baltimore, and the first three digits of their phone number matched with the most three digit numbers in their phone system, unfortunately it also said %26quot;Unknown Caller%26quot;, instead of %26quot;Social Security Administration%26quot;.



How do I know this is a legit call? How do I know someone didn't get a hold of my information?



Do any of you in my position also receive phone confirmation instead of letters?
IMPORTANT!!! American Citizens on Social Security living in Canada???
I would try concacting the Social Security Administration via their website and/or e-mail.
IMPORTANT!!! American Citizens on Social Security living in Canada???
erm....okay......



Usually websites will list phone numbers, which was my original intention.



From the looks of things at least you *got* a response--no one else even cared enough to get a quick 2-point non-answer.



However....thank *you* for the extra 10.

Report Abuse


%26quot;Thanks for nothing%26quot;? What do you mean Be polite. At least azred took the trouble to answer.

Report Abuse


If you wanted a better solution you wouldn't have been in such a rush to close your question to answers.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment