Saturday 24 September 2011

Marriage Question: Keeping it A Secret?

My fiancee and I have been discussing the topic of getting married for a while now. She is 18 and I am 24. Want to get married at City Hall. But we don't want our parents or any other family member to find out. How can she and I keep this a secret? Like when her parents file their taxes and claim her (she still lives with her parents...we don't live together yet but we will eventually) and it gets rejected because we are married. But what if I don't claim her...? Can her parents still claim her on their taxes and not find out that we are married? She is going to keep her last name for now but in 2012 we are going to have an actual wedding for our parents and everyone else so her license, social security number and other legal documents won't change.



The main question is if she and I get married, is there any possible way that we can keep it a secret from our parents? Like finding out on their taxes or in anyway at all?
Marriage Question: Keeping it A Secret?
First of all, the IRS only checks on about one in 30,000,000 or so. They do not cross check on things like this. If she is living at home and they are providing the majority of her upkeep they can claim her. If you two don't tell, no one will know. Fly to Vegas, stay 25 hours, and get married there. In the eyes of the Law you are both adults so you can do it. You can get married in another county or state. 'If you don't claim her?%26quot; If you aren't supporting her you shouldn't claim her. Please keep us posted on this. A lot of people wil be interested. 8%26gt;}
Marriage Question: Keeping it A Secret?
You BOTH are freaking WEIRDOS!



And obviously not ready to tie your shoe, let alone marry!
If you're not mature enough to let your parents know, then you're not mature enough to be getting married.



And by the way, when you get married, you file a license with the county, and THEY notify the IRS, so when her parents tried to claim her on their return, they'd probably be getting a call from the IRS regarding their attempt at tax fraud.
Please just wait until you can do it legitimately.
Why the rush? You are young and the fact you are asking this and sneaking behind parents backs proves it. Marriage is for when two full grown adults want to share a life.
If you are not planning on living as a married couple, then you should not get married.



If you are too immature/scared to tell your parents, then you should not get married.
don't start the marriage off with a lie it won't work and you have to have your parents support in your life sorry one rule i have for my seven kids don't lie to me because when no one else is there or turns their back you will only have me so don't piss me off.
If you lie and let them claim her on their taxes, they can be audited by the IRS and heavily fined.

Either get married or don't, do not lie about it. If you have to lie, you are obviously in no place to be married maturity wise.
IF you were ready to get married you wouuldn't have to keep it a secret. I got kicked out of foster care at 18 for marrying my husband but it was worth it and I have never regretted it. I am now 21 and we are still going strong with 3 kids! If you are old enough to get married..you are old enough to tell people!
You'll be fine, I hid my marriage for two years, my parents claimed me and everything. They won't find out unless you tell. I got tired of hiding and just %26quot;came out%26quot; with it.



Just do me a favor, make sure you have good reasons for marrying, and for hiding. Just make sure you don't claim her too, and you have nothing to worry about as far as taxes go.
No not just yet my friend. Don't make the same mistake I did and I was 28 at that time. Do it the proper way. Be a man and ask for her hand. Just make sure your ready emotionally when your fiancee's family started eyeing you down. Mine did and I have to say it affected me severely.



I am flying out from the US to NZ in a couple of days because she just asked me to leave. Now I am not trying to blame everything to her family or anything like that but the emotional and psychological effect to me because of the constant battering for just being a DRAFTSMAN took a lot out of me.



Good luck to you and your fiancee but think about slowing it down for a little while. Set yourself up first.
You should not try to keep this a secret. Imagine how everyone will feel when they do find out. In my community, the names of people who apply for marriage licenses are printed in the newspaper. You are right to be concerned about tax consequences. Have you also considered issues with insurance? Most insurance companies will not cover a %26quot;child%26quot; once they marry. Can you provide health insurance for your fiance?



Just wait until 2012 and do it right.
That is just ridiculous. If you're going to get married then do it and tell everyone. I can see not telling anyone ahead of time if you just want to elope. But to elope and keep it secret and not live together for 3 years...well that's just stupid! I can understand an 18 yr old thinking that way but man you're 24! Act like it!
  • hard contacts in soft
  • xp
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment