Friday 16 September 2011

My name and social security number doesn't match, how do I fix this?

I changed my name with ss when I was married over 10 years ago. I have a ss card with my new name, I have filed my taxes, no problem, I have had checking and savings accounts. When I go to Safeway or Walmart to cash a check I am told that my name and my ss number do not match. I called the number they gave me to find out what was up. I was told that the problem is either with the DVM or the credit bureaus, that I might have signed my name at some point where I used my middle initial instead of my full middle name like my drivers license has on it. I went to the DVM the info is correct. I can't get a free online credit report because my info doesn't match. I called the toll free automated line but that didn't work because I don't have a phone in my name. Any suggestions?
My name and social security number doesn't match, how do I fix this?
Go back to the Social Security Office and check out what they have on record for your Social Security Number and the name they have on file.



Then get a print out from them with the correct spelling and submit a copy of it to each Credit Bureau.

No comments:

Post a Comment