Friday 16 September 2011

I have conditional greencard but i seperate from my husband because we have differences and he abuse me?

he choked me before, but still i forgive him because i don't know how i can survive here in america without job and a place to live and i have my daughter with me. He have problem with his manhood no erection so he is paranoid always get jealous of nothing i get tired and leave him. Do i have a chance to renew my greencard even i am not with him anymore. I cannot live with him but i like to stay here because my daughter is doing good in school she's a straight A student. I have a permanent job now, but my husband keep on bugging me so i filed for restraining order with consent that he will not bug me for 2 years. I don't know what will happen now to my greencard since it need to renew it next year. Is the immigration will allow me to stay because i got here from fiance visa. Is he allowed to used and change my address in my bank account because he knows my social security? can i change my social security number so he cannot track me and my personal information?
I have conditional greencard but i seperate from my husband because we have differences and he abuse me?
Yes you can file to remove conditions from your greencard after divorce by filing a waiver claiming spousal abuse. If you can prove to USCIS's satisfaction that you were indeed abused you will be granted a 10 yr greencard.



Having filed a restraining order against your husband is a good start to proving your claim of spouse abuse. Be sure to get copies of all the police reports, etc.



From USCIS's website:

If you or your child were battered or subjected to extreme mental cruelty by your spouse, you must submit the following:



- USCIS Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence)

- Copy of USCIS Form I-551 (Permanent Resident Card)

- Evidence that you entered the marriage in good faith and not to evade the immigration laws of the United States. Examples of such evidence includes, but is not limited to:

- Leases showing that you and your spouse lived in the same place

- Documents that prove that you and your spouse owned property together

- Birth certificates of your children; or

- Expert testimony proving that you or your child were battered or subjected to extreme mental cruelty. Examples of such testimony includes, but is not limited to:

-Copies of police and medical records detailing evidence of physical abuse

- Evaluations by clinical social workers and psychologists showing evidence of mental cruelty

- Copy of your divorce decree if your marriage was terminated because of physical abuse or mental cruelty.

- Evidence that you were not at fault in failing to file the petition on time, if applicable.
I have conditional greencard but i seperate from my husband because we have differences and he abuse me?
I don't know about any of your green card questions, but he CANNOT do anything with your bank account unless his name is on it, too. If it only has your name on it, he can't use it or change anything. I don't think you can change your social security number, but I might be wrong. I hope you are able to figure out what you need to do to be safe!
It's up to you to convince the CIS that your marriage failed due to spousal abuse. If you are able to do this you will get a regular Green Card, if not you will be deported.



You should have a bank account of your own without his name attached. This will prevent him from getting any information about the account.
Best is you conntact the USCIS .

Good luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment