Saturday 24 September 2011

My employer still requires that I use my SSN to login to their website. How do I get this changed?

When I login to my company website to download paycheck information, update W4, personal info, etc I have to use my Social Security Number. How do I get them to change this?
My employer still requires that I use my SSN to login to their website. How do I get this changed?
One of the duties of an information security professional is to set company policy. Part of setting company policy is to ensure that privacy is protected and is in accordance with best security practice and regulatory compliance.



Information Security or Compliance or Legal or Human Resources (in that order) would be the departments you would want to contact in order to have policy changed.



If you company is bound to comply with any regulatory acts such as HIPAA or SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) then you have a great shot at getting things changed rapidly.





Good Luck
My employer still requires that I use my SSN to login to their website. How do I get this changed?
Depending on what system is being used (for example myworknumber.com) to view your paychecks, W-4 form ect. it usually doesnt give you and option to change from using your SSN to a personal pin number of some kind. Since your accessing valuable information, a SSN is needed. You should always ask your HR(Human Resources) for this information to see if you have a choice.
They won't. it is done for your security as well as theirs
Contact your IT department and ask for whoever does the web site. This could also be an external site...if so you're pretty much out of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment