Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do I change my Social Security number?

My ex-wife has all my info and is steadily trying to get credit cards and hurt my credit, our divorce isn't final yet. Is there a way to apply for a change of SSN?
How do I change my Social Security number?
No can do.
How do I change my Social Security number?
Nope, but you can put a hold on any applications for credit cards etc. through the various credit bureaus for free.
Contact the Department of Social Security in your area. There should be a listing for them in the government pages of your telephone book; look under Federal Government, and the department of Social Security will be listed alphabetically. It may be an 800 number that you have to call, and don't call them on a Monday. You will likely have to sit through a recording but just tough it out until you reach a live person. Tell them the situation and they can guide you.



If the aforementioned doesn't help, then bring this up to your attorney when you see him next, or contact him and let him know. There should be something you can do to prevent her from opening new joint accounts during divorce proceedings. The accounts open before papers were filed are probably fair game.
Sue her for credit card fraud. Identity theft.
  • put site on a dedicated server
  • networking
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment