Friday 16 September 2011

Should I change all my contact info so the babies father can't contact me?

Here me out: I am 12 weeks pregnant. I became pregnant by a platonic friend (yes, we were never sexually active until the one time we became intimate and I became pregnant) of three years. He is only 22, I'm 26. I knew it was a huge mistake, and I immediately tried to be %26quot;friends%26quot; again, but he was fixated on trying to have this relationship. Well, we had a huge fight---where he threatened to kill me and my family, and even beat me. I had to call the police on him three times, because we had moved in together (right when we started sleeping together) and when he started acting crazy, I had him move out while police were there. This all took place before either of us knew I was pregnant. When I found out, I told him and he flipped...telling me to abort and that I had trapped him, and that he hated me, and wouldn't support me being the mother of his child. He refused to speak rationally about the pregnancy and told me to stop contacting him because I was harassing him. I of course stopped sending him emails and text (which I had only sent because that is how he chose to communicate with me) this was 3 months ago and I still haven't heard anything from him. I am just 3 months along. I have canceled my facebook and myspace page as well as canceled all my old email addresses and created a new one and at the start of the year---plan on changing my number. I have his social security number and will file for child support once the baby is born. But just wanted to know, if this was the right thing. I don't want him to think he has the option to reach out to me at his will, when he has acted so hateful and cruel. To add insult to injury, he claims I trapped him, when he knew I wasn't on birthcontrol and he never withdrew...even after my warnings. I accepted my part in this, which is why I am embracing being a single mother, but I don't want to be in denial thinking he is going to ever come around and be a father. I just want to move on. He doesn't deserve to be a father or my friend.
Should I change all my contact info so the babies father can't contact me?
Yea he sounds like a psycho and you sound like a mature reasonable person. I dont know why he is saying you trapped him either if he wanted a relationship with you and you guys lived together. You should file a restraining order on him and if he contacts you in any way like online or via phone save the message as evidence and call the police. You shouldnt have to change ur whole life around becvasue he is being irrational. You are doing the right thing by not contacting him and fileing for child support once the baby is born. Im sorry you have to go through all this. Maybe when he get a few years older he will grow the hell up and realize what he messed up with you.
Should I change all my contact info so the babies father can't contact me?
If he's threatened you then you need to go to the police and file for a restraining order. Plain and simple.
Your story really rings a bell with me, as my Daughters father was exactly the same! What a prick... MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE. You dont need him and neither does your Child. Its hard being a single parent, but even harder being a parent with an abusive man. If your child had a say in this they would tell you NOT to bother with him and to concentrate on looking after you and your child.

Any man that can beat his girlfriend is considered DANGEROUS and whats going to stop him beating his own child? NOTHING.

Move on with your life, and enjoy being a Mummy.

HIS LOSS.

Goodluck =)

No comments:

Post a Comment