Wednesday 21 September 2011

Name Change in NY????

Hi, I want to change my first name, I live in NY. Would I have to go to civil court or a different court? Also lets say that I do change my name, would I have to get a completely new social security number? and if i do, how do I get one? And how about my passport? Also I have a passport from Poland. Do ihave to change all of that too? One last question: Let's say that I would get some scholarships to colleges, but they were given to me under my old name... if i change my name, those scholarships still apply to me right? Thankss so much in advance :)
Name Change in NY????
Your social security number stays with you even If you legally change your name. You can get more information and the legal name change forms you need to change your first name in NY at the website below.
Name Change in NY????
Yes you can change your name and please advice to your lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment