Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do I change my last name to my husbands last name?

Okay so I received a letter in the mail of SSA that I have to either hyphenate my last name or change it completely. I'm willing to change it completely but to I just start writing my husbands last name on everything and it'll be the same even if I don't give my social security number? For example on our babys birth certificate do I have the right to chose what last name I want on there? which should I put my maiden last name or my married last name?
How do I change my last name to my husbands last name?
on your baby bc they ask for mothers madin name and then for the fathers name just start by going to the ss office and ask for a new card with your married name you might have to take your marriage certf. then go tot he DPS and change your licance or ID that's it really simple.
How do I change my last name to my husbands last name?
Pretty sure you go to the court after you get married.. O.o
Court house!
U dont have to change u name i think you should think it over or chnage it en rgret it when u part one day but if you are ssure yu will be together for ever do it
Talk to your local department: %26quot;Registry of births and marriages%26quot;. It varies from country to country and state to state.

In South Africa you (both) can change or take any name on your wedding day. Kids, on the other hand, are a complete other kettle of fish. There you have to get a massive amount of documents and lawyers and money. In the Netherlands, you keep your name, take your husbands name or hyphenate both names. The latter is the standard.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment