Saturday 24 September 2011

Dropping my hyphenated last name permanently?

hi,

my last name is hyphenated in which the first part is my mom's last name (maiden) and the second part is my dad's last name. i am only 16, but i want to drop my mom's last name permanently so that when i apply to college in 2 years and also for the rest of my life, i will be known as my first name, my middle, and my dad's last name.



so first of all, do you have to be a certain age to do this? and second for those of you who have done this, how long did it take? because if i am changing my last name permanently, my passport, bank card, health card, social security number, etc. has to change as well.



thank-you very much in advance!



take care :)
Dropping my hyphenated last name permanently?
As you are talking about changing your legal name, then yes, you must of legal age to do so, what that age is depends on your State of residence. Contact an attorney, so they can advise you of what you need to do in order to go before the judge in a court of law to change your name legally. Good luck
Dropping my hyphenated last name permanently?
I don't know about the process, but I wish you luck. Hyphenated names are f'n annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment