Saturday 24 September 2011

Can I legally change my minor child's last name (California)?

My daughter is three years old, and I have yet to complete and submit the notarized forms for her birth certificate end social security number. The reason is this: Her father was present during the birth and signed the paperwork establishing paternity. We both agreed at that time to give her his last name, because we thought we were going to get married. Turns out we didn't, and since then his role as father has dwindled down to almost nothing. We signed a monthly child support agreement between the two of us that he hasn't paid for the past 2 yrs.



The hospital document is not notarized, but does list her last name as his. Can I list her last name as mine on the application for her birth certificate? As long as I get it notarized, is this legal and if not, how much trouble could I get in? Naturally, her father wants my daughter to have his last name.
Can I legally change my minor child's last name (California)?
yes you can go to court and u can do it there

No comments:

Post a Comment