Saturday 24 September 2011

Naming your kid/ cursed names/heres my story ?

i was named joan- i hate the name because my aunt joan beat her kids so bad- i would hear the screaming from their house- and they are now retarded- i kid you not/ my f-n parents never reported her either/ why would they- my dad used to beat the crap out of us- also i lost a 5 year old son/ a fat women t boned our car- she didn't stop at a stop sign and my name was all over the newspaper- i felt like my name was cursed- so on my birth certificate i got my name corrected to marilyn- family still calls me joan though- but on my new birth certificate is marilyn/ so i kept the same social security number and got my name changed on it/ i actually got 2 card one with joan one with marilyn- same social security number though- but i have 2 drivers license- i kept trying to explain but they didn't get it so i took my drivers test again and wound up with 2 licenses- my insurance is under the name joan- ss keeps going with joan because when i was married it was joan- and people act funny towards me because i lost a kid- like it is contagious- if i ask to hold their baby they get this look- so i snapped a few years ago- and was in the hospital/ i know exactly what i have done with my name and identity- am i using this to cope with issues on the death of my son and if i would manage to have another kid since i have secondary infertility how am i to explain all this to the hospital, because i would want marilyn on the birth certificate not joan and when i die i want marilyn on my tombstone- not joan/ joan got beat/ joan got married and had kids/ joans kid got killed/ joans husband cheated and had a affair/ and joan left and divorced/ i hate joan- and i hate the biblical meaning of the name- gods greatest gift/ i named my son jeramiah- i think biblical names are cursed! i named my daughter heather she is fine and it isn't biblical.
Naming your kid/ cursed names/heres my story ?
Joan is dead now....Marilyn is the person who is alive.



Make everybody refer to you as Marilyn and insist this be done! It's not just a name chance, it's a life change.




Naming your kid/ cursed names/heres my story ?
I don't think it has to do with names. Sometimes horrible things happen to good people. Sorry for all your troubles.
Wow! I am so sorry! Hope you have better luck!
I'm so, so sorry.
Have you gone to the courts and paid to have your name legally changed to Marilyn? If not, do so and then get all legal/financial documents changed. Whenever someone calls you Joan, correct them and say, %26quot;it's Marilyn now%26quot;. Just say, %26quot;I hated the name Joan, so I changed it%26quot;.

As for cursed names: probably not. However, I completely understand how you feel. I've always hated my last name, b/c my father's family is a bunch of alcholics who abuse their wives %26amp; children. I always wished I had my mom's last name. I still have my father's last name, but I have cut that connection and redefined my name (my full name) to mean me. It took a long time. It took me moving 2000 miles away from my past and family, to finally establish my name, myself as me--not my family.

You've been through some tough times. Understand that you are you; you are not the bad people/events. You are the strength, wisdom, character that has survived those things.

Btw, I love the name Jeremiah.
Well your story is very sad and I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds to me like you have a bit of Obsessive compulsive disorder. I have it and these are the kinds of thoughts that used to go through my head all the time. It's mostly just in your head.. it really is.. but I totally understand your reasoning.



I named my kid after a famous horror movie actor.. does that mean he's going to become a serial killer or something? I don't know. I hope not.
Well, I think you had some very misfortunate events happen in your life. Honestly I know a lot of people with Biblical names. Matthew (my brother), Michael (my dad), John (FIL), Jacob, Mary, Joel, David, Nathan (my brother), Rachel (my sister) ect.



They are all doing great!



My husband Joel is a very blessed and gifted person.



I guess you can think what you want, but I don't think had to do with you being named Joan. I know a few people named Joan or Joni and they are fine too.



I can see where you'd want to change your name to sort of start anew...saying I am not that person anymore ect. I can totally relate to that. But to say that all these horrible things happened to you because you had a Biblical name is ridiculous.



The Bible says Christians are %26quot;blessed beyond the curse, for His promise will endure...%26quot;



:)




Um, Marilyn? Having a Biblical first name is not a curse. My brothers' names are Matthew, Shane and Jesse. You can't blame your name as the reason why your life is going down the toilet. Sure, having the name Joan, probably isn't exactly a nice walk in the park, but you can't let it get you down. There are worse things going on in the world, then you having a exceedingly sucky name. Things like Death, War, Loneliness, etc. Just get a grip. Life goes on.
Im so sorry for the loss of your son. What a horrible pain to have to bear. I also am sorry for the name you feel so much resentment towards. It sounds like you have made up your mind and you are done with Joan. My advice would be to completely discard the name altogether. Legally and socially.



Have you dealt with your sons passing? I wonder if right now, you are manifesting all your pain into the name Joan. What happens when you let go of Joan and the name no longer consumes your thoughts? Do you think this is possible? Can you move forward and put the name and memories of Joan behind you? Again I am so sorry about your loss.
Whatever name you use at any given time ---

You are still YOU.



Yes -- you have history -- bad but GOOD too!

The joy of motherhood, however short-lived, is a treasure many can never experience!! You were blessed with a gift in your son.



Seek counseling and stay in it for your daughter's %26amp; grandchildren's to come sake. You have risen above many obstacles. You are now able to find peace within yourself (with help).



Marilyn -- you have proven Joan is %26quot;God's Greatest Gift.%26quot;

She/You are a woman who is strong and better than any other Joan!

You have inspired me to be a better person today.

And don't ever believe Jeramiah was cursed. He's an angel!

He's in the best of all possible places where you will meet again.

Make him proud of you. Show him how you will shine eternally.

Take care of your daughter and yourself.

Trust God's plan for all of you. Today you made a difference in mine and many other's lives.



We care about you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment