Wednesday 21 September 2011

Changing your name at social security office?

State of North Carolina requires marriage certificate, proof of identity (DL/ID) and proof of United States citizenship (birth certificate/immigration papers) IF they don't have this on record. I have the marriage certificate and driver's license but my birth certificate has been lost for 15 years, and I have never needed it since. I am currently working with the state of Virginia to get my birth certificate. What does it mean by on record? How could the social security office NOT know my social security number printed on my social security card (which has my full name that matches my NC driver's license) belongs to a U.S. citizen? I'm confused, how could they of ALL people not know who is a U.S. citizen or not? Don't they have a database that says my number was issued by the state of Minnesota in 1989 to a U.S. citizen? Or am I misreading this and the social security card will be sufficient?
Changing your name at social security office?
I work for SS - you would need your birth certificate to GET a social security number. But for changing your name after marriage you need your current SS# card, the marriage certificate and your driver's license.
Changing your name at social security office?
You will need all of the documents listed. It's not that they can't tell whether or not you're a citizen based off of a social security card and driver's license. It's the fact that those two things can be easily replicated. If someone who wasn't a citizen tried to pull something like this, you would be happy that they're taking the extra precautions. They've been doing this for a long time, and they know what they're doing. Take the documents they've specified and it will be a simple process.
Additional proof that you are a US citizen is because of all the illegals in the US..every time you apply for something, you now must prove that you are a US citizen..
People are known to sell their SS card to illegals and there is such a thing as ID theft so yeah they need proof that you're a US citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment