Friday 16 September 2011

I want to legally change my first name, I know the process and what I have to do, but what's the cost?

Extra Info.

I don't %26quot;want%26quot; to change my name, I NEED to change my name. My ex husband is terrorizing me, literally. In the last 12 months alone he's stalked me, used my social security number illegally, racked up medical bills under my name AND refuses to leave me alone even WITH my restraining order. The police are working on some violations, but I feel as if this will be the only way (along with getting a new SS#) to get him to leave me alone, financially. The only problem is I can't afford a lawyer and I can't afford to pay off the medical bills that are now on my credit. (Oh yeah, I dont have a job either! I'm a stay at home mom and trying to get a job with bad credit - not so much!) Does anyone know how much it costs to get their legal first name changed in the state of Wisconsin. (No need to change the last name, I'm engaged so after all is said and done I should have a completely NEW full name) Someone help. Please!
I want to legally change my first name, I know the process and what I have to do, but what's the cost?
Call your county clerk and ask. In New York it would cost about $800 because here you have to post the change in two papers with a minimum circulation and that's very expensive here. It's probably considerably less in Wisconson. Since you said you know the process there, talk to whoever is the person you would be initiating the process with and ask them about costs. They'll give you a better answer than anyone on Yahoo.
I want to legally change my first name, I know the process and what I have to do, but what's the cost?
just call the court house and find out
if it is not for illegal purposes i don't think you need a lawyer, just do it, your surname would be a different matter
From a lawyer. Don't pay more than $100 for a name change of any sort. Shop around and negotiate.

No comments:

Post a Comment