Friday 16 September 2011

Does anyone know how difficult it is to get retirement benefits from social security?

I applied for social security for online for my husband who turned sixty two his birthday. When I checked his application status there was note saying they were sending something telling him what they need to verify number holders name change. Since my husband has never had his name changed I would like to know if anyone knows what they are talking about. I would also like to know if anyone knows about how difficult it is to get your retirement benefits started. Thank you all for any info!
Does anyone know how difficult it is to get retirement benefits from social security?
Typically getting your retirement benefits started is a relatively simple matter. If I were you, I would not wait, I would call or rather have your husband call they may not speak with you. This is often the way people find out their identity has been stolen and someone else has been using their SSN. I sincerely hope that's not the case, but you need to find out as soon as possible don't wait for the SSA to start their own investigation.
Does anyone know how difficult it is to get retirement benefits from social security?
if he;s 62 shoudl be no problem, now if you are trying to get disability, that's a whole diff, ball game.
My husband and I both found it very easy to do. It appears to be some glitch in his records and what they send you should clarify that.



BTW, you lose a lot of money if you take benefits at 62 instead of 65.
  • streamreader
  • printer wont turn on
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment