Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do I change the spelling of my middle name in MN?

My family and I have always believed my middle name is spelled as Lyn. This is the way my mother wanted it to be spelled; this is the way I grew up writing it, signing it, etc.



When I finally needed my birth certificate to get a passport, we found out that on my birth certificate they actually spelled my middle name Lynn. This is the way it is listed under my social security number. Apparently someone made a mistake at the hospital when I was born and did not spell it the way my parents wanted it, and they didn't catch the mistake.



How do I change just the spelling of my middle name in Minnesota? I am a legal adult but am hoping to avoid expensive fees.
How do I change the spelling of my middle name in MN?
I'm not sure, but I have recently changed my name on Runescape if that helps.
How do I change the spelling of my middle name in MN?
Just spell in the way you want it spelled. If someone says otherwise, say you are not hiding your identity, you just want your name spelled that way because of your personal preference. I did that to part of mine and it was excepted by the government. they put in their notes...also know as...My name gets misspelled alot...Sonia
  • email
  • howtodealwithhusband
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment