Saturday 24 September 2011

I am a victim of domestic violence, scared of my ex?

he has all of my information and can track me. I'm seeking sole custody of our child, and I want to change my identifiable information, including my social security number. Is this possible? How do I do it?
I am a victim of domestic violence, scared of my ex?
* It is possible! Seek legal advice! Make sure there is a restraining order in place! It may not keep him away, but it gives law enforcement a tool to work with! Good luck, Sweety! Check this info for changing your ID!

http://www.abuseofpower.info/ChangeID.ht鈥?/a>
I am a victim of domestic violence, scared of my ex?
dont you think the authorities are much better to address this question then yahoo answers? come on.. your childs and your safety is at sake.
Contact your local violence shelter and ask them for help. They can at least steer you in the right direction.
Have you had the law enforcement authorities to your home?

Sheriff's, Policeman, A Constable ?

Have you confided to the law enforcement authorities?

Do you have a male friend, you can confide with ?
You HAVE to fill for a restraining order, then prove to the judge that your ex is dangerous enough to change your info. It is possible, but you need to go to the court house or an atterny.

Fair warning.... do not be shocked by judgement. I had a solid case (or so my attery and I thought) and he was able to sweet talk the judge into not letting me change my info. It is scary, and I move at lest every 3 months, if not sooner. I hope that things are a little better for you and good luck.
first find a good lawyer. Then get your but down to the nearest court house and file a restraining order. While your there look into getting your name changed, use your mom's maiden name if you have to. Next go the nearest social security office, and tell them you lost your card, and need a new one. They should be able to do it under your new name.
no you cant change all of your personal info, I know how you feel i was a victim of domestic violence too. call the hot line they can help you get protection and proper protective orders going to keep him away. 1-800-799-SAFE they are open 24 hrs a day , they changed my life they can change yours too. whatever you do , do not go back to him, they are never sorry. help is available to keep him away.
CONTACT SISTER CARE: AN ORGANIZATION FOR ABUSE WOMAN AND THEY WILL GLADLY ASSIST YOU!!!!!!!!!! IT MAY BE UNDER ANOTHER NAME ACCORDING TO YOUR LOCATION BUT IT IS GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE.
SAFETY ALERT

If you are in danger, use a safe computer or phone and call 911 or Tubman Family Alliance's 24-hour Help Line at 651-770-0777 (East Metro) or 612-825-0000 (West Metro) or the National Domestic Abuse Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233).



Tubman Family Alliance is one of the largest providers of family violence services in the country, and has services to help you in time of crisis. From tools to help you determine if you are in danger, to an explanation of the dynamics of family violence, there are resources here to help you. Developing your own safety plan is essential and could save your life. Information about how to protect yourself while getting information online can also help protect your safety. If you do make the decision to leave an abusive situation, there are resources to make the transition easier.
Wow, The only way you can get that kind of help.. is if you go into a women against abuse shelter.



www.womenagainstabuse.org



I hope this helps
Definitely find out who the domestic violence nonprofit agencies are in your community. They should be able to hook you up w/ some assistance. Something to ask about is Victim Witness Protection. It's a federally funded program but should be available to you thru your local law enforcement. It will help pay for restraining orders, some relocation costs, etc. You should also talk to the Social Security Admin and see what you might need to do to change your SSN.

No comments:

Post a Comment