Wednesday 21 September 2011

What happen(s) to job applications and other types of applications after time?

After you have applied for a job, volunteer opportunity, or any other type of application, what happens to that paper with your personal information if you get the job, dont get the job, etc. Is it discarded after a certain amount of time where the company no longer has your information or is it always kept on file forever. I recently applied for a volunteer opportunity and it asked for my social security number, I was reluctant to provide it because I do not want this personal information to fall on teh wrong eyes, I was worrying that if in the future I do lets say come into a lot of money that people in these organizations with my SSN and other personal info can access this info, I want to be safe, can I change my social security number and if so how?
What happen(s) to job applications and other types of applications after time?
It depends on the organization or the company -- some keep the applications for quite some time. I also doubt that changing your SSN would either help protect you or be worht the time and trouble it would take to do so. There are a lot easier ways of stealing someone's identity.
What happen(s) to job applications and other types of applications after time?
You cannot change your social security number.



Many companies have privacy policies that they announce.



You should always ask about the company policy and read it very very carefully.
Just a guess. It probably ends up in the shredder several seconds after you leave the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment