Saturday 4 June 2011

When can I get US Social Security Number if my immigration status is this...?

1. I arrived in the US last Oct. 18,2008 in a K1/ fiancee visa


2. I married my American fiance on Nov. 7,2008


3. My I-94 expired last Jan. 17,2009 so my application for US social security number was denied last Jan. 25,2009.


4. I just mailed my I-485 or application for change of status to USCIS





..............but my American husband will file his 2008 Income Tax Return next week and he needs my SSN to have a tax refund being married in his status. Is there a possibility that I can have my SSN soon?





Advise me, please. Thank you!











How much time|||Did you apply for EAD as well? You should get your EAD within the 3 months after filing AOS/EAD. With that card you should be able to get a SSC.


Does he have to file his taxes next week? He has time till April so you should get your EAD before the tax due date.|||While your petition is pending, you can get an IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) so he can file married filing jointly.|||Go to the IRS and get a w-7 Immigrant tax #. They hand them out like hotcakes|||You will be able to get a SSN 90 days after the petition (i-485) was filed, when your work permit arrives (that is if you filed for a work permit too).|||File a form w-7 for an ITIN number.|||You can apply for a tax payer id, so your husband can claim you as a dependent.

No comments:

Post a Comment