Saturday 4 June 2011

Credit card company used the wrong social security number.?

I applied for a credit card at a local electronics store and everything thing was 100% correct on the application that I filled out. Well after getting what I wanted and getting home I tried to set up my card over the phone. I entered my social and come to find out the company has my SSN off by one digit some how. They told me I had to do all of these papers to change my social and I told them that it was their problem and they should just fix it. Well they can%26#039;t without me doing those papers. What should I do? Pay the bill and give someone else a good credit review to up their score? Should I do all the stupid papers and fax them? Should I just go get a new card under the right social and say to heck with this card and leave the balance unpaid? Could I get into trouble for their foul up?|||They have your name and address. If you don%26#039;t help them correct their screw-up, they can probably attach your checking account (via court order).





I%26#039;m sure they can make the correction, they just don%26#039;t know how. If your paperwork is correct, then you%26#039;ve done your part. Filling out paperwork with the EXACT same information isn%26#039;t going to correct their problem. However, if your paperwork has errors on it, then you are obligated to make corrections.|||Duh... yes you should %26quot;do all the stupid papers.%26quot;

No comments:

Post a Comment