Saturday, 4 June 2011

Is it possible to remove your parents names from your Social Security Number?

I am 22, but I was not born in the USA, so I dont have a birth certificate issued in the USA. I am a resident but not a citizen. I know that when applying for a social security number, on the forms there are sections where you provide the names of the parents. I got my SSN issued in 2001.

How can this information be changed or removed? I know that, traditionally, you are tied to your parents names via your birth certificate. But are you also tied to them via information in your social security number?|||You cannot have the names of your parents removed from your Social Security enumeration record.|||Well I guess since you are not a citizen of the USA they needed to know who your parents were in case something happened to you...I don%26#039;t know any more.|||I don%26#039;t think your parents have anything to do with your s.s. number.

No comments:

Post a Comment